Day 328B - Five Weird Habits of a Quirky Journalist
OK, I’m not sure how I missed it, but ArmyWifeToddlerMom tagged me a few days ago with the “Five Weird Habits” meme.
Before I started to think about my answers, I had to look up “meme” to make sure I knew what I was doing.
OK, here goes:
Meme (meem) n.
A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.
1. When I read a newspaper, I read it front to back, one section at a time. When finished, I reassemble the entire paper in sequential order. I will share the entire newspaper; I do not share sections of the paper while I’m reading.
2. I don’t borrow books, because I like to highlight sections and write in the margins.
3. I balance my checkbook at least once a week.
4. I prefer a good fountain pen to any other writing instrument.
5. I sleep with three pillows--one under my head, one between my knees and one hugged to my chest--next to an open window, a bottle of water and the same travel alarm clock I bought to take with me to the hospital when Wayne was born, 22 years ago!
...and this is the best thing I could think of to pass the time waiting to hear the next piece of news from Wayne.